I'm not just a stick in the mud

Lately it seems my blog posts have been quite preachy.  Let me tell you that I do practice what I preach.  On the other hand, I have been told that the posts don't reflect me very well.  While I am a stickler for safety and want to help everyone succeed all the time, I'm usually the quickest to give a friendly smile as well. 

Heck, I decided it was time to liven things up a bit, so to speak.  I added a new section to the store (now located down at the bottom of the page for easy viewing).  I titled it Zombie Apocalypse.  I will continue to add to that section just as I am continually adding to the other sections. 

I'm not new to the Zombie Apocalypse band wagon.  I have been a fan of monster movies since I was a kid.  Well, that takes a little clarification, I've been a fan since I figured out how to not be scared of them.  I remember watching a vampire movie and having nightmares after my nap.  After a good sit down with my grandmother who assured me that I was safe (even though she had a very creepy room in the basement painted in a blood red color), I learned to not be scared.  I wish that I knew what she told me that worked so well so that I could pass it on, but whatever she said, it worked.

So, why zombies?  As I said, I like monster stories, werewolves being my favorite mythology.  The thing with zombies is that they are just the catalyst for the story.  It's kind of hard to have a sypathetic zombie (Fido being a nice exception) and I can't think of a zombie tale getting the girls to squeal as they do for Edward the vampire.  Instead, I think that The Walking Dead exemplifies the human interest stories that come out of the zombie mythos. 

Of course the modern zombie movies came out of the 1950's horror stories.  These zombies were greatly different from stories of Voodoo creating real life zombies.  If you watch Serpent and the Rainbow, a Wes Craven (of Nightmare on Elmstreet fame) adaptation of the book of the same title, you will see how Harvard scientist Wade Davis narrowly escapes becoming a zombie himself.

So, anyhow, enjoy the shop.  If you have suggestions, feel free to share them.  Until then, see you on the dark side.

Comments